Twigby

Comments

• Cthulhu:
    Where did you get the $10/GB information from? According to Twigby you will not be charged.

My fault, sorry.  I had reviewed so many MVNOs lately, I erred.

It's good to know there is no $10/GB after the 2GB and that you escalate through the tiers, as needed.  I changed my plans to the lowest for both voice and data (with overage protection off).
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    mmfacemm:
    have some answers regarding when overage protection is off.  Yes you will continue to move up and up through the tiers - it does not stop after one. 
    Swagger:
    I confirmed with them on chat just now that once you max out the 2gb it goes to 2g no matter if overage protection is on or off.  
    Thank you.  I'm just checking in on this thread since my more lengthy last post about these two things.  I'm glad those of you who have an immediate interest in Twigby took the time to contact them for clarification on those things.  If you're not going to use overage protection, then starting with the lowest tier makes the most sense and letting it bump you up as you hit the cap of each tier.  And then at the 2 GB cap, you still get 2g.  If I was going with a plan vs. multiple pay go's, I would be all over Twigby.  And hopefully, they won't raise their prices back up after fishing in all the new users with the recently reduced prices.
  • Promoze:
    And hopefully, they won't raise their prices back up after fishing in all the new users with the recently reduced prices.

*nods*
  • I am looking all over and I cannot find the "Chat Now" orange button on the Twigby site. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers (I do not have access to Chrome). Can someone who can see it, please post the direct address link to the chat function? Thanks!
  • Cthulhu:
    I think you'd need to use a Twigby coupon code in that scenario. You can get a free month of service from Twigby automatically if you're transferring from RingPlus other wise you need to use a coupon.

Ok I see...the first month free without coupon is only if I port directly from Ring+ to Twigby.  Thanks.
  • @atyleung  just click on 'plans' from the homepage and chat usually appears at the bottom of that page.  Other pages should work too - anything but the homepage.  
  • @Martin_1 Just use FREE2START for on e month free.  You can add a referral to that via chat after activation.
  • I have clicked on different pages on the Twigby site (including the one about Live Chat Support) and do not see the Chat button.

I want to contact them because my transfer completed today, but I cannot connect to data (voice and text seem fine). I did a carrier reset (##72786#) several times already. Anyone else have this problem and was able to resolve it?
  • atyleung:
    I have clicked on different pages on the Twigby site (including the one about Live Chat Support) and do not see the Chat button.

I want to contact them because my transfer completed today, but I cannot connect to data (voice and text seem fine). I did a carrier reset (##72786#) several times already. Anyone else have this problem and was able to resolve it?

I had the same issue but a quick chat with the guy on the end reset something and it worked immediately. Chat is not 24 hours so you can try again when they are open.
  • @atyleung the chat seems to be on every page for me but the homepage. perhaps try again
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    edited February 15
    ..has been solid. The best way to get in touch with them to port is through the chat feature or follow the instructions here. Every page on the site (besides the homepage) has an orange chat now button in the button. Click that and get going. The reps are fast, knowledgeable, and seem very happy to help, and they will also call you if you prefer that. Just give them your number and say you'd rather have them call you. 

So far my speeds have been great and i have had no issues with the service. The online account also has some great features to help manage your plan like selecting your data speeds, turning on/off messaging, minutes, data, and more. 

Altogether, I've been very happy with the process and with the recent rate change making the plan options even lower, I highly recommend to anyone still needing a port out option! 
    mmfacemm
  • Agreed.  I am much happier about their customer service.
    frank-ru
  • Okay fair enough.

I think the best aspect of twigby apart from verizon roaming is the online chat.  Very responsive.  

Speeds etc are like any other major sprint mvno.  

I miss seeing detailed records (just shows monthly totals) vs ringplus.  But np drama and just quality service is nice right now.  

frank-ruPaul_Sth
  • SLDSLD Novice 0
    Requested a Port last night about 9:00 pm and it was completed by 12:30 pm today.  I realized my daughter was going on a choir trip and leaves tomorrow, so I didn't want her to be stranded without a phone if something went wrong with the migration to Ting; thus, I bit the bullet and ported to Twigby last night. 
  • Well there aren't any twigby referrals in the referral thread since the details are sensitive (name and number) - so just pm anyone on here most  are twigby members who can provide a referral.  Yes you can also pm me!

easier to just use FREE2START vs the ringplus form mentioned above by 1birdman1 for the 1st month free.  This stacks with any $20 referral code.  Do note referral credit is posted after 30 days.
    Thanks
  • 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49

Use code FREE2START or...

https://www.twigby.com/page/id/ringplus

The above link will get you a free month. See referral thread for referrals...

Just sign up through that link above THEN, PM me / anyone in this thread for a referral (which will be name and phone number) and each will get $20.
    You ask for the $20 referral via chat on their website.

I switched to them because of free roaming along with reasonable rates and the overage protection feature. 

• yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    edited February 17
    Read this guys https://twigby.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/224919487-Overage-Protection

"Example of Overage Protection – Voice

Let's say you select the 200 minute voice plan for $9 per month and you use 200 minutes:

• With Overage Protection On: Your voice service will be temporarily suspended until the first day of the next bill cycle.
    • With Overage Protection Off: You will automatically be bumped up to the next highest plan. In this case, the next highest plan is $12/month and includes 500 minutes. With this, you would be charged $3 (difference of $12 and $9 plans) and receive an additional 300 minutes (difference of 500 and 200 plans).

Note: Regardless of Overage Protection being on or off, you will continue to have unlimited texting for free!"

I was planning on getting the unlimited plan but after seeing this I guess ill be taking the 200 min plan and if I end up using less ill save money.

• yfn34yfn34 Pro 9
    edited February 17
    atyleung:
    I am looking all over and I cannot find the "Chat Now" orange button on the Twigby site. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers (I do not have access to Chrome). Can someone who can see it, please post the direct address link to the chat function? Thanks!

I had the same problem but it works on the mobile website and showed up on my phone under the plans page.
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    edited February 17
    @yfn34 Did you actually read any of this thread?  I think everyone has already read that since I linked to that information just 2 pages back, and it was discussed at length about some of the finer details:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146538/#Comment_146538
    yfn34:
    With Overage Protection Off: You will automatically be bumped up to the next highest plan.
    However, as discussed at length earlier, that information turned out to be incomplete.  Not only will you get bumped to the next highest plan than you subscribed to, as it states there, but if you hit the cap of the next highest level, you will get bumped up yet again, potentially getting bumped to the top tier as you hit each tier's cap.  And with data, if you hit the 2 GB cap, you will still get unlimited 2g.  See the previous posts which discussed this a page or two back.
    yfn34:
    I was planning on getting the unlimited plan but after seeing this I guess ill be taking the 200 min plan and if I end up using less ill save money.
    You must have not read this thread.  Subscribing to the lowest tier and getting bumped up was a strategy mentioned several times in this thread:

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146438/#Comment_146438
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146853/#Comment_146853
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/147320/#Comment_147320
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/147329/#Comment_147329
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/147336/#Comment_147336
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/147345/#Comment_147345

Also, while not stated on the website, mmfacemm stated that data and voice overage protection could be enabled / disabled separately.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/146782/#Comment_146782
  • sovashadowsovashadow MVP 24
    edited February 17
    Hey so I transferred my number over to twigby, port went fine and had an account their for at least a few days. I found it weird that ringplus still had an account open even though that twigby had the number now so I cancelled it on Ringplus. Cancelling ringplus, also turned off my service at twigby. I contacted their support, but waiting a response. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • SZYSZY Novice 1
    edited February 17
    How do you know that your service really transferred from RingPlus to Twigby?

oldbooks1Conic_Ellipse
  • sovashadowsovashadow MVP 24
    edited February 17
    @SZY Because I recieved an email from twigby sometime ago, that twigby ported my number successfully and the account was created

Whenever I would send text messages it would show up on twigby and not ringplus which didnt show up on ringplus
  • Did you remember to do a profile and prl update? Does you account activity at twigby show any recent activity like calls made Data used etc? 
    oldbooks1Conic_Ellipse
  • SZYSZY Novice 1
    Your itemized call usage billing report from the time you switched a few days ago is available to be seen on your Twigby account? Is the usage also showing up in your RingPlus account?
  • @ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 I did updates manually when twigby gave me codes in an email to put in my phone like their msid and msl