Twigby

Comments

• PromozePromoze All Star 125
    akula1488:
    and I got charged ZERO taxes and fees.
    That does seem a little fishy.  prepaidphonenews said all the taxes were charged in addition to the Twigby plan cost.
  • I ported out the lower use of my two lines to Twigby. It took 27 hours, no big deal.  Went on to chat to finish activation, which I really could have done myself since it just took the ##72786# in the dialer and after a couple automatic reboots everything was fine.  My other line is my son's and he uses much higher data and has a top up balance, so that one is going to Ting.  Later after the switch, I'll decide if it will stay there or move to Twigby.
  • @Cthulhu  I can't find the page where we can update voice and data options. Twigby said my line is shown active but when I make a phone call, which I use CSipSimple, I still hear ringplus ad. I don't have a real phone for this line yet, just an ESN.
  • wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452:
     I can't find the page where we can update voice and data options. Twigby said my line is shown active but when I make a phone call, which I use CSipSimple, I still hear ringplus ad. I don't have a real phone for this line yet, just an ESN.

There is no VOIP service with Twigby. 
    You can change data/voice options here: Log in, go to Account Settings, look under Line Settings, select the line you want to modify, look for Change Talk/Text & Data Plan and click on Change.
  • @Cthulhu  Thanks for the info. What is weird is that I got an email last night telling me to add credit card info. I did and the line status is active on twigby but I can still use CSipSimple and this line is also shown as active on R+.
  • @Promoze  I want it to be done and over. I just can't tell if that line is in Twigby's hand and R+ or Ting will have no say in it or not. :(
  • edited February 10
    akula1488:
    weird I ported a line to Twigby last night at 10 PM, finished at 5 AM today (7 hours, nice) and I got charged ZERO taxes and fees. I am from California, one the most tax laden state of them all.

I initiated my port one day earlier, and it completed at the same time. They probably processed a bunch of them at once. I'm pleasantly surprised that they got it done quickly.

I'm also in California and got charged zero for the first month. Next month we'll find out what the taxes/fees actually are.

I haven't gotten my phone to activate yet though. I performed the reset using ##72786#, but handsfree activation does not complete. I'll have to chat with them tomorrow.
  • I had to chat with their cs and he reset the number on his end first to get voice and text working, then reset again for data to work.
  • 1birdman11birdman1 Moderator 49
    I had voice and text work on 2 lines I moved to twigby and neither had data working. 

Quick chat and they reset it. I did another ## on my phone and it worked. 

Looks like a good company with good prices. 

• mr.mayormr.mayor Pro 4
    edited February 10
    I paid 90 cents tax in NJ for $15 with Twigby. I paid a few dollars for my $20 topup with Ring+. They did 1 port in half a day, and the other which I did this morning in couple of hours. Very good service on the chat, just a little overloaded right now, so you need a few minutes. If you chat early morn or late at night it's faster. They're online 8am -9pm CST. I added a referral code via chat, and they said they applied it. If anyone wants one they can PM me  :)
  • mmfacemm:

How does the referral code work? I know it's $20. Do you get my name and email/ Do I get yours? Just asking
  • 112059:
    How does the referral code work? I know it's $20. Do you get my name and email/ Do I get yours? Just asking

You get my name and number.  I get nothing of yours!  So for you it is perfectly safe.  I trust that we all are adult enough on here to enjoy the $20 each and not abuse the information.  All you have to do is chat with customer service online after you sign up and ask them to add a referral.  You then give them my name and number.  I wish it was more anonymous but it is what it is.  

• Lots more interest in Twigby lately.  It is a really great deal right now.  Better than the ting one.  Free month plus $20 credit with a referral.  Much better pricing too and customer service is great.  FREE2START is the free month promo code.
    edited February 10
    ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
    Lots more interest in Twigby lately. 
    Yeah.   Since I first mentioned Twigby as an option on Social, shouldn't I get a cut of everyone's referral bonus? wink 
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/139811/#Comment_139811

Just kidding, of course. smiley
    I actually haven't registered for Twigby myself, but if Tello pay-as-you-go doesn't cut it down the road, Twigby will be high on my list if it remains as it is (or better).
  • energetic-onyx-matte-door-259652:
    I haven't gotten my phone to activate yet though. I performed the reset using ##72786#, but handsfree activation does not complete.
    I chatted with support this AM. They reset something on their end, then I did another ##72786# reset, then the phone activated just fine. I'm happy with the support via chat.

One thing I will miss from RingPlus is the detailed usage info that they showed on the web site. Twibgy only seems to show the monthly total, whereas RingPlus showed daily usage amounts. The daily info was helpful for understanding usage patterns.

I'll also be happy to give referrals if anyone wants one, just PM me.

• So if you have multiple line account you must ACT now because the Ting deal is pretty bad for multiple line accounts. Here is what I would do, let's say I have 5 R+ lines under the same email address login at R+.

Leave line A with the highest top up amount so it migrates to Ting to receive that $35 credit.

Port out lines B, C, D and E into separate Twigby accounts.
    For line B, once complete, get the referral information from here at social so you get $20 credit for 2nd month's service.
    For line C, use line B's referral
    For line D, use line C's referral
    For line E, use line D's referral

Pass line E's referral to someone else.
    You can also port out line A and don't even bother with Ting.

If your plan cost is under $20 a month on Twigby's plan, you essentially get 2 months free.
    luvjunjuncanex
  • Out of all the options out there I decided to sign up with Twigby, below you’ll find my quick review and information on how to port/sign up and get a free month of service plus a $20 credit.

Review

Twigby is a Sprint MVNO therefore the phone AND the SIM you’re using right now with R+ will both work, there is no need to buy anything. There is no activation fee. They offer a free first month of service to all new customers plus a $20 referral bonus(more about that below). 

They do charge taxes and fees on top of the plan cost, these fees should be around $1-2, my taxes and fees on a $48 plan were $1.50 I’m in New York city. 

Voice, TXT and data

Voice service goes directly over the Sprint network in addition roaming on Verizon for voice and txt is included with the service. All plans include unlimited texting. Voicemail is included, can be turned on/off via website. Visual voice mail works with no issues. During the few days I've been with Twigby I have not experienced any issues with the voice service and I have already seen roaming kick in twice while traveling in the NY, NJ, PA, DC areas.

Data is a full uncapped Sprint 4G LTE after the data allotment is exhausted you get unlimited 2G speed at 64kbps. Hotspot functionality is included and can be turned on/off via website. Below are my speed test results.

The website/account interface/support

The website is well laid out and offers some interesting options. 

-You can change your plan via the website anytime you want but the change will go into effect in the next billing cycle, if you want to change your plan for the current billing cycle chat support will be able to do that for you. 

-You can change your phone device via the website at anytime by providing the MEID, free. 

-You can request a phone number change via the site, free.

-You can toggle any wireless service; data, voice, messaging on or off via the website. You can also set your data speed to; 64, 128, 256, 512 or MAX. 

-Overage protection can be turned on so you’ll never get charged more than you expected this option can be turned on and off via the website and the chat. When the overage protection is off you get bumped to the next tier of service every time you exhaust your allotment and you're charge for the difference between the allotments, for example if you are on a 200 minute $9 allotment and go over the 200 minutes you are bumped to the 500 minute $11 allotment, 300 minutes are added to your reserve (500-200 you already used under your original allotment) and you are charged $2 the price difference between the two allotments ($11-9).

Support happens via online chat, this is nothing like the R+ online chat. I've used the chat option 4-6 times and every time I did a representative was available to help me almost immediately was very helpful, courteous and knowledgable. 

Porting and getting your first month free

Simply follow the instruction from the link below and Twigby will handle everything for you, my port took between 2-6 hours. You do not have to provide any billing information during sign up. You’ll need to add a credit card to your account 48 hours after it has been activated.

https://www.twigby.com/blog/ringplus-customers-get-your-first-month-free/

Geting a $20 referral bonus

After your account has been activated start a chat with Twigby tell them you were referred by a friend and give them your friends referral information. 

PM me if you need referral information.

energetic-onyx-matte-door-259652
    According to prepaidphonenews, taxes will be as high as 30% after the first month.  Don't think your taxes will stay low.
  • I think $1.5 was a standard charge for most people in most states. 
  • Cthulhu:
    Out of all the options out there I decided to sign up with Twigby, below you’ll find my quick review and information on how to port/sign up and get a free month of service plus a $20 credit.

Nice job with the review. I think you covered everything pretty well. Thanks for mentioning about the credit card. It had not occurred to me that they didn't ask for credit card info during the signup process, not do I remember anything asking me to add one later. That could have been a problem. :)

• DF_LIngDF_LIng Novice 0
    My experience with Twigby: I signed up with Twigby to port my number from Ring+ Wednesday the 8th. By Thursday morning I received an email that said "Your number has been successfully transferred!". Only problem was, RingPlus had not released my phone(device). After a short online "chat" session (connection to support help was immediate) they were able to somehow "grab" the line. No problem. It took 5 or 10 minutes while on chat, no problem. They even helped me re-provision phone. The plan I chose is Unlimited Talk and Text for $15.
  • I hope to see you all at the new forum. Twigby has its own thread...
     https://nthcircle.com/forum/ringplus/75-all-things-twigby
    energetic-onyx-matte-door-259652
  • @DF_LIng I moved my ESN placeholder twigby intending to switch a working phone in later. I got an email that porting was done. However my line is still on ringplus dashboard and I can still use fluid call. Should I be worried that ringplus hasn't released my number? 
  • @wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452 It's the same for me. I wouldn't worry.  
    wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452
    edited February 11
    wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452:
    @DF_LIng I moved my ESN placeholder twigby intending to switch a working phone in later. I got an email that porting was done. However my line is still on ringplus dashboard and I can still use fluid call. Should I be worried that ringplus hasn't released my number? 
    Two of the lines that I ported in to Tello on Sunday and Monday still show as active lines on R+.  In fact, that's still why the shield shows for my account.  But the ports have already completed, and the numbers are in use on Tello.  I did go into the dashboard of one of those ghost accounts a short time ago, clicked on "manage plan and add ons" and clicked "cancel this plan."  So that one is gone now.   You can't remove your CC from payment preferences until all the lines on the account are gone.
    wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452