Twigby

Comments

• PromozePromoze All Star 125
    Here's one plan comparison I was considering for a family member before dropping to 200 minutes, which put both plans at $12.

500 minutes / Unlimited texts / 150 to 200 MB LTE data / unlimited 2g data

Tello    $17/mo
    Twigby $14/mo

• @Promoze It was confirmed to me that you can switch overage protection on and off but it will require contacting customer service.  Not too bad since they have chat and are responsive to email.

Referrals and the first month free with FREE2START do stack.  So better than the Ting deal. 

I just signed up.  Apparently new cheaper plan offerings are coming soon so I can enjoy free service here for a couple of months and see what comes!  Excellent.  I have my other phone on Tello pay as you go. 
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    edited February 8
    as expected, twigby has updated their plans! significantly cheaper too! unlimited talk and text and 2gb of data for $30 https://www.twigby.com/page/howitworks

edit: this just popped up on their FB page - https://www.twigby.com/blog/lower-twigby-plan-prices. it shows all of the plan changes
  • frank-ru:
    as expected, twigby has updated their plans! significantly cheaper too! unlimited talk and text and 2gb of data for $30 https://www.twigby.com/page/howitworks
    What was it before?  I've only been looking at the low end and no changes there. 

• frank-ru:
    as expected, twigby has updated their plans!

Sweet!  Now I just need my port to go thru.
    ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
    @Promoze It was confirmed to me that you can switch overage protection on and off but it will require contacting customer service. 
    OK thanks.  The lower pricing makes the auto jump in plan level without overage protection look more appealing, but for someone that just wants minimal data for something like email and mms group messages, the unlimited 2g is good (after the 150 MB allotment runs out.)
    Apparently new cheaper plan offerings are coming soon so I can enjoy free service here for a couple of months and see what comes!  Excellent.  I have my other phone on Tello pay as you go. 
    The pricing comparison I made earlier was with the reduced pricing, although it had only been $1 higher before.  If it wasn't for Tello's pay as you go, I would have signed up for Twigby on Saturday on the $12 plan (it's still $12.)
  • Our 2 ports to Twigby from here went through in about 26 hours after starting them & making support tickets here.
    Very happy thus far with their speed of responses & the smoothness of it all there.
    As a paid provider they seem like a very good choice.

Our other porting will also hopefully happen in time & then we'll be all set.
  • oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 174
    Write up in Prepaid Phone news.

Taxes and fees get a mention--up to 30%!

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/02/sprint-mvno-twigby-offers-custom-plans.html
    Promoze
    oldbooks1:
    Taxes and fees get a mention--up to 30%!
    I believe some R+ members paid up to 26%, while mine were 18%.  So maybe my Twigby taxes would be 22%.  I didn't register with Twigby though.
    oldbooks1
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    i think taxes are based on state and city right? wouldn't it be the same for every carrier?
    edited February 9
    frank-ru:
    i think taxes are based on state and city right? wouldn't it be the same for every carrier?
    It's not even the same with the same carrier.  lol    I have two lines with Tello with very different tax rates.  9.5% vs. 18%  on initial payments of $4.75 and $6 before taxes.  Pay as you go is higher, about 18% regardless of the dollar amount.  It's apparently even less for a plan if you don't choose voice service, but both my lines include voice, data, and text.
  • oldbooks1oldbooks1 Champion 174
    frank-ru:

It should be.  Carriers differ in the way they handle it.  Most charge it directly while others bundle it in the price.  Either way, you pay but one is more transparent than the other.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/01/making-sense-of-taxes-on-prepaid-plans.html
  • excitable-band-camp-flutist-340762:
    Now I just need my port to go thru.

Port went thru last night but phone said No Service.  Chat this morning resolved that within about 5 minutes or so.  Also switched Voice and Data overage protections (so voice would buy the next bucket and data would go to unlimited 2g).  Very helpful.  I'm all set now.
  • Visual voicemail seems to be active, but I called my cellphone from workphone and left a message.  Nothing showing in visual voicemail.  Also, an existing voicemail is there (and I can listen to it), but cannot delete it.
    Port went thru last night but phone said No Service.  Chat this morning resolved that within about 5 minutes or so.  Also switched Voice and Data overage protections (so voice would buy the next bucket and data would go to unlimited 2g).  Very helpful.  I'm all set now.

There is also another way to control data with Twigby. You can pick the data speed via the settings section on the website, options are 64, 128, 256, 512 or Max.
  • I paid 1.50 in taxes on a $48 purchase from Twigby.
    Here is what they say about taxes and fees:
    https://twigby.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208056157-What-fees-or-taxes-will-I-have-to-pay-with-Twigby-
    My bill for the first month:

Visual voicemail seems to be active, but I called my cellphone from workphone and left a message.  Nothing showing in visual voicemail.  Also, an existing voicemail is there (and I can listen to it), but cannot delete it.

I turned off the Voicemail in Twigby and it deleted all the previous messages.  Turned it back on, set a pin in visual voicemail and all is good to go now.
  • Cthulhu:
    on a $48 purchase from Twigby

That will only be $30 going forward.  Nice, eh?
  • Classical_MusicClassical_Music All Star 49
    edited February 9
    Promoze:
    The lower pricing makes the auto jump in plan level without overage protection look more appealing

Wow... the lower prices kick ECO now.  Yes ECO has 30.00 no tax Unl Talk/Text 2GB and 2G after...  Twigby has 30+tax same plane.  However with Twigby they roam on Verizon!!  So that extra tax would be worth it for Twigby now.

I think in 2 months (after my free second month with ECO), I'll be switching to Twigby!!  Wow!!

edit:  My last number that i was going to leave to see the Ting process through.... i decided to port to Twigby.  Heck a free month and 2GB to use.  Giving me some time to think and not be stressed for a while!  I'll prob just keep it here!!  Wow!!  Great stuff with the roaming and new pricing!
    Promoze
  • Another cool thing about Twigby is that you can. Change your plan via the website. You can pick your allotments and turn the overage protection on or off.

Extraterrestrial_ZoologistPromoze
  • joseph1joseph1 MVP 35
    edited February 9
    Does Twigby allow you to have no voice plan and pay only as PayGo?
  • Cthulhu:
    turn the overage protection on or off

If you change it yourself, it won't go into effect until the next billing cycle.  I used chat and they changed it immediately.  That caused a balance to appear, but I pointed it out and it was removed as well.  They may have only done the changes for me immediately since I am a new customer.
    Promoze
  • joseph1:
    Does Twigby allow you to have no voice plan and pay only as PayGo?

There is no real pay as you go option. You have to pick a voice option.
    joseph1
  • weird I ported a line to Twigby last night at 10 PM, finished at 5 AM today (7 hours, nice) and I got charged ZERO taxes and fees. I am from California, one the most tax laden state of them all.
    Classical_Music