Get 50% off your first TWO MONTHS of service at Twigby

Comments

• frank-ru:
    the free month that twigby usually offers is only if someone brings their phone. the ringplus offer is good for transferring your number and you can still get a phone discount on top (if you also wanted a new phone)
    Thanks for clarifying. 

• I wanted a quick risk free commitment free exit out of the R+ predicament before the impending November 11 deadline. I want to give myself time to consider my options over the next few weeks and don’t want to be rushed into going with Ting. For me Ting is not a good fit.  

The type of plan I wanted: Unlimited or high allotment of talk and a 1GB+ of high speed data and unlimited throttled data after the allotment is spent. I don't txt but I wanted a 50-100 txt buffer just in case. I didn’t want to pay anything and would not pay more than $1-2. No dialer, VoIP, apps or other workarounds.

Here is what I went with:

If you switch to Twigby now you get a month of service free of charge all you’ll have to pay is the taxes/fees in my(NY) case $1.50 so a month of Unlimited Talk & Text with 2GB LTE and unlimited 2G data for $1.50

Switching instructions/details here: https://www.twigby.com/blog/ringplus-customers-get-your-first-month-free/

The good: It’s Sprint so the switch is fast and quick, you don’t need a new SIM. The whole process is done online. Free voice and text roaming on Verizon is included. Hotspot feature is included. App for monitoring usage(Android Only).

The bad(so far): Visual voicemail is not supported.

Paul_Sth
  • PromozePromoze All Star 125
    edited February 7
    Marc_the_Par:
    Tello looks better
    3c per minute voice.
    1c per text
    10c per meg data.
    You'll have to go to a Tello plan with data in order to get unlimited 2g like Twigby.   Tello and Twigy are both $12/mo when comparing 200 min/unlimited txt/150-200MB/unlimited 2g.  Twigby has the advantage of roaming on Verizon, which is free.  Tello lets you add a pay go balance on top of the plan that you can reserve for extra minutes when needed.   Also, Tello pay go data is 2 cents per MB, not 10.
    blue_skies
    edited February 7
    ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
    I received a reply from twigby within 24 hours saying yes you can. 
    Yes you can what?  Change plans each month or add overage protection later?  The video review said you had to enable the overage protection when you signed up and that it wasn't available in the interface afterwards.  But if it's there now, that would be a plus.  I would sign up for it anyway right from the start.
    blue_skies
    edited February 7
    $12/mo. ongoing for a decent plan with Twigby - includes free voice/txt roaming.
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/139811/#Comment_139811

Someone in a video review of Twigby used Visual Voicemail with it.  He didn't like the nag to upgrade to the premium version, though.
  • I have 3 lines on one account. Top ups are ($5, $13, $15). So when they migrate me to Ting, I'll be paying minimum of $18 ($6x3) with $35 credit. I think I'll have to get rid of 2 lines that I don't really use to save $12. Might as well move one to Twigby for a free month of 2GB data. :smiley: 
  • RayRay:
    FreedomPop is FREE for the same thing.

You apparently can not port directly to FP from R+. You have to cancel your line first, or switch to a different carrier and THEN switch to FP. Twigby allows ports from R+ but it's still requires manual approval from R+.

"When you transfer your number from RingPlus to Twigby, it will take longer than normal phone number transfers, since your phone must first deactivate at RingPlus before it can activate on Twigby. Please also keep in mind that RingPlus needs to approve your number transfer, and they may only do so during their business hours — meaning weekends may unfortunately add a day or two of additional delay."

ARoss
  • I mean you can change plans.  I was answering the original question posted.  Sorry I should have deleted the rest. 
    ultimate-lavendar-houndstooth-gladiator-54876:
    I mean you can change plans.  I was answering the original question posted.  Sorry I should have deleted the rest. 
    Ok thanks.
  • scriptninjascriptninja Novice 2
    edited February 8
    RayRay:
    From what I can see, 200 min and 500MB is $15.00/mo.  FreedomPop is FREE for the same thing. AND they have a LIVE customer service line I can talk to not "chat" to. Why would I want TWIGBY?

Well, for one thing, some people need to be able to make and receive calls if they have a voice signal but no internet signal. With Freedompop, making a call in that circumstance requires Premium Voice and receiving one is impossible.

Edit/P.S.: I'm not saying there's no case for FP. I have, if I am counting correctly, three CDMA devices with them and...6 global GSM sim cards, I think?...although I believe all but one of those are data only.
  • @Cthulhu I filled out info on Twigby site at the last step the website says they will contact me via email or call.  Got a blank email with titled RingPlus Customers- Get one month free. Am I doing it right?
    RayRay:
    From what I can see, 200 min and 500MB is $15.00/mo.  FreedomPop is FREE for the same thing.
    Freedompop does NOT offer the same thing as Twigby at ANY price.
    Twigby includes real cellular voice for all incoming and outgoing calls regardless of having a data connection.
    Twigby includes cellular voice/text roaming on Verizon, and it's free to boot.
    Twigby includes unlimited 2g data after the data allotment is used.
    Twigby offers this plan for $12/mo which includes unlimited texting to boot:
    https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/139811/#Comment_139811
    blue_skies
  • WhatupWhatup Novice 0
    When did you put in your port request with Twigby (time and date)?  When did your port complete (date and time)?

Thanks.
  • IbelieveIbelieve Novice 2
    My experience with Freedompop, especially that stupid Voip technology was less than pleasant.  I will never use them again.  I wish I had seen this twigby deal before I moved to tello.  I moved 2 phones 2 days ago and one made it today and the other is still stuck.
    dogged-but-not-dogmatic
  • @akula1488 @Whatup The port out/in took maybe 2-6 hours. I don't know exactly. 
  • @wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452 Yes I believe you're doing it right, I got the same email followed by another showing the invoice I posted in my original post.
    wireless-golden-spotted-ladybug-932452
  • I'm debating between Tello and Twigby. Cost is similar for the service that I need: 200 min, unlimited text, 500 GB. The Verizon roaming is a plus for Twigby. I noticed that Tello says "no added fees", while Twigby doesn't say anything similar. Anyone know if the taxes/fees are much different between these 2 companies?
  • phly95phly95 Novice 2
    Freedompop allows you to use regular voice for $4 (it's under services) though for me, it seems to be working without the addon right now, but that might just be the first month. Anyways, for people who need to have real cell service, $4/mo is really good for what Freedompop offers. Anyways, I have a referral link, but I am supposed to post it here https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/143124/#Comment_143124 . After signing up, just go to My Account>Overview>Manage under My Services and get Freedompop premium voice. Way cheaper than Twigby.

edited February 8
    Ibelieve:
    My experience with Freedompop, especially that stupid Voip technology was less than pleasant.  I will never use them again.
    I've read a lot of complaints about Freedompop over the last couple years, not just about their service quality, but about them tacking on charges and such that users discover on their credit cards.  Just today, I read this:
    Watch out for "Global Plus 300"
    It signed me up automatically under Int'l plans ... fortunately, you can remove it completely or downgrade it to a Free 100 Int'l plan.

Also, you can't port your number from R+ directly to Freedompop.  And then there are the advantages of Twigby mentioned earlier.
    blue_skies
  • energetic-onyx-matte-door-259652:
    I'm debating between Tello and Twigby. Cost is similar for the service that I need: 200 min, unlimited text, 500 GB. The Verizon roaming is a plus for Twigby. I noticed that Tello says "no added fees", while Twigby doesn't say anything similar. Anyone know if the taxes/fees are much different between these 2 companies?

Twigby says you should expect to pay around a $1 in taxes and fees.
    Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
  • frank-rufrank-ru Novice 1
    just fyi - i chatted in with twigby this morning to get my wife switched over too. the chat rep hinted that twigby will be lowering their prices next month. i'm interested to see how low they'll go.. so far i'm surprised how responsive their chat is. i found these two codes to get discounts if you want to upgrade phones too - SAVE15 gives you $15 off a phone priced $30 or higher or SAVE5 gives you $5 off $30 or lower. SAVE15 worked when i used it. interested if anybody else has tried these and if it worked for them. thought i would share.. we'll get through this
  • frank-ru:
    so far i'm surprised how responsive their chat is

Yes, I've used their online chat a few times already and they are quite responsive and helpful.  They tell me my port-in is 'delayed'.
  • frank-ru:
    i'm interested to see how low they'll go
    Probably in line with Tello.  Or adding a lower voice tier under $9. 

• Does a referral code stack with a free month code?