Will Ringplus honor/ accept/process Loaner phone deposits / returns??

1. Ting & RingPlus

by Piyush_Agarwal · February 10
    What options are available to people with loaner phones? Could we return the phone for refund of the deposit? Or do we have to keep the phone and forget the deposit?
  2. Ting & RingPlus

by AlexanderTing · February 7
    If I decide to try to return my R+ loaner phone, will my account and top up still transfer to Ting?
  3. Ting & RingPlus

by cheapchem · February 7
    If I decide to try to return my R+ loaner phone, will my account and top up still transfer to Ting?
  4. Ting & RingPlus

by cheapchem · February 6
    I have a R+ loaner phone.  What is Ting's policy with this?  If I decide to return the loaner phone for a refund, does it go to R+ or Ting?
  5. Getting ESN released

by sureshbabu · February 6
    Any resolution for people with loaner phones from R+. I submitted a support ticket yesterday but no response.
  6. Porting out... [Mod edit]

by sureshbabu · February 5
    I have loaner phone from R+ which I want to return. Is it possible now with current developments? I logged a ticket, but not sure when somebody will respond on it 

7. Member+ Loaner Phones

by oGnomekoP · February 4
    It's time to return the loaner phones. Hope we can get the deposit back.

8. FAQ*: How To Return Your Loaner Phone

I've tried last month to return a loaner phone I ordered in April but the shipment was rejected and was shipped back to me.  I followed the instruction from this post but the shipment was rejected.  T
jamielihiolaire

Comments

• I submitted a ticket 8 days ago for returning the loaner but no one response. I hope Ring+ executives are honorable people. 
    alsVoIPFanRPcheapchem
  • alsals Pro 11

sour-violet-fractal-owl-374877:
    I submitted a ticket 8 days ago for returning the loaner but no one response. I hope Ring+ executives are honorable people.   1Helpful

+1 :)
     Please keep us updated.

Anyone else  trying to return Loaner phones?
     Maybe,  if we all post here, we might get a response

VoIPFanRP
  • I put in a ticket 6 days ago, ticket #76568, to return a loaner phone. 

No response.  Hopefully a post like this gets us some answers.

VoIPFanRP
  • Yeah I don't mind keeping the phone if they can unlock the phone. Very costly to unlock Sprint phone.
  • Use your phone for Music....Roku remote...Teamviewer...google voice with a modem and freedompop.....textnow on wi-fi....lots you can do with the phones except use them for cellular service. Im afraid you bought an expensive brick.
  • if they don't allow you to return the phone and refund your card I would suggest a Chargeback in which case you will be refunded and likely not have to return the phone since there's nobody to return them to . Then you can google your specific device and unlock and find ways to unlock the device yourself or via a paid service.  Hell at least then you get something out of your member+ subscriptions.
  • phly95phly95 Novice 2
    How much did you pay for the loaner phones? Are they more or less expensive than if you just bought them? Also, what is the reason for using a loaner phone?
  • Hi everyone I've received the response from the customer service, they gave me the following link https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/2900/faq-how-to-return-your-loaner-phone

alsWill125689
  • sour-violet-fractal-owl-374877:
    Hi everyone I've received the response from the customer service, they gave me the following link https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/2900/faq-how-to-return-your-loaner-phone

lol if i were you, I would wait until the migration is complete and see what happen before returning the loaner phone.
    als
  • >>> Some useful links about loaner phone return

> Loaner Phones on Ringplus Store

https://store.ringplus.net/Loaner-Phones_c_55.html

> FAQ*: How To Return Your Loaner Phone

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/2900/faq-how-to-return-your-loaner-phone/p1

> Knowledge Base/General Frequently Asked Questions

https://support.ringplus.net/support/solutions/articles/8000016662-loaner-phone-returns

>>> My Loaner phones return process:

> 02/09/2017 Opend a support ticket.   Asked if there are any new requirements/instcutions for the loaner phone returning

als
  • I have opened a ticket on 2/9/2017, no response so far.

als
  • Dman10Dman10 Novice 0
    I opened a ticket on the 9th, and received a response yesterday-

Hi Dlf1957,

Here are instructions on how to return your loaner device

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/2900/faq-how-to-return-your-loaner-phone

The link doesnt clarify much, and I am doubtful I would ever see a refund

VoIPFanRP
  • alsals Pro 11
    I just opened  ticket 79085 to return my loaner phone.
     I am truly hopeful  Ringplus will honor our loaner phone returns.
     Please keep  posting tickets, progress, developments, or problems. 
  • Dman10Dman10 Novice 0

I just found this under the knowledge base for frequently asked questions

I hope this helps

LOANER PHONE RETURNS

Please submit a ticket at http://support.ringplus.net/support/home  and include your order number. We will then be able to confirm the loaner phone and begin the the return process. 

If your phone is a loaner phone, please return the phone and all pieces in a box with your order number and this ticket number for a speedy return process. Damages to the phone or missing parts will result in a partial refund. 

RingPlus, Inc. 

468 N Camden Dr, 2nd Floor

Beverly Hills CA 90210

RETURN POLICY

1. Phones or other cellular network devices (collectively called "Devices") sold by RingPlus can only be returned for a credit with RingPlus if the Device is operationally defective as determined by RingPlus, and RingPlus is notified in writing of the defect within 10 days of purchase. RingPlus can only be notified by opening a Support Ticket at HTTPS://RINGPLUS.NET/HELP/. In addition, to return a Device for credit, you must return the Device to RingPlus by the same shipping method RingPlus sent it to you. If the Device has not been damaged as determined by RingPlus, and you send it back with all of its original components, packaging and shipping materials, RingPlus will issue a credit for the purchase price of the Device (including taxes and the original shipping charge). RingPlus will issue credits in such circumstances only to the account originally charged. Credits cannot be transferred, split, exchanged, swapped, traded, or redeemed for cash or anything else of value. 

* Restocking Fee: 20% of purchase price. Applies to all returns of working devices (except for loaner phones.) RingPlus will not pay (or reimburse you) for return shipping charges.

2. Loaner phones may be returned under the following terms (this return process applies only to members who have borrowed, and placed a deposit on, a specified loaner phone. 

a. Please return the phone and all pieces in a box with your order number for a speedy return process.  

b. Damages to the phone or missing parts will result in a partial refund of the deposit placed with RingPlus.

Damaged or missing box: $5.00 

Damaged or missing charger: $5.00 

Damaged or missing SIM card: $5.00 

c. If the phone is returned in any condition other than good condition (e.g., physical damage, water damage, or has been rooted or modified from factory software, etc.), the return will not be accepted, and the deposit will not be returned. 

d. If the phone only has normal signs of usage, you will get your deposit returned (subject to the damages charges indicated above). 

e. Please do not mark on or alter the original box. 

f. Do not stick the mailing label directly to the phone box (if the phone came with a box). If there is a passcode on the phone, please remove it. 

g. For iPhones, please remove the item from your iTunes. The phone must not be active for your return to be accepted. 

h. For Android phones, please remove the item from your Google account. The phone must not be active for your return to be accepted. 

i. Please send your phone to: 

RingPlus Loaner RMA 

RingPlus, Inc. 

468 N Camden Dr, 2nd Floor 

Beverly Hills CA 90210 

j. Return shipping is not provided on loaner phone returns. 

k. You will be refunded the deposit amount of your phone, excluding shipping costs (taxes and shipping are not refundable). 

l. Refunds typically post in 1-3 business days from the date of disbursement, but may vary according to the policies of the card issuer.  

3. All non-Device sales by RingPlus are final, and RingPlus does not issue refunds, credits or transfers of funds (including for shipping) except as otherwise stated herein. 

4. RingPlus does not pay for return shipping of any products for any reason, including loaner phones. 

5. If RingPlus, in its sole discretion, accepts the return of a working Device or other product, there will be a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price. This applies to all returns of all products sold by RingPlus, except loaner phones. 

6. All products and services sold by a third party in this store are subject to the terms and conditions for returns established by those third parties. Those terms and conditions can be found in the descriptions of individual products in the store. In the absence of posted third party return policies, all sales are final. 

7. RingPlus makes no guarantees and disclaims all warranties as to all products and services sold to the full extent permitted by law. 

DID YOU FIND IT HELPFUL? YES NO

© 2016. RingPlus. All Rights Reserved.
    alsVoIPFanRP
  • g. For iPhones, please remove the item from your iTunes. The phone must not be active for your return to be accepted. 

h. For Android phones, please remove the item from your Google account. The phone must not be active for your return to be accepted. 

alsVoIPFanRP
  • AhhOhWowAhhOhWow Pro 15
    edited February 17
    Hi everyone. I have good news. Relax and don't worry. I physically went to the RingPlus office yesterday and returned several loaner phones in person. It was a smooth process. The pretty female employee that assisted me was very professional and helpful. She said RingPlus is honoring the return of loaner phones, and always has been. Just follow the instructions two posts above, mail to the Beverly Hills address, be sure to include the charger, sim card, and original box it came in. Also include your original order/invoice number so they can identify and match you and your package. Also please be reasonable, some people tried to return phones that were completely trashed with cracked screens and missing pieces. The rules state your phone should be in good condition. Do a factory wipe of your phones, and for iPhones, remove any links to your iTunes/find my iPhone account. They have been swamped with the transition process so that's why they don't have time to monitor forum questions, but they are processing loaner phone returns. I just wanted to chime in with my real in-person experience and help calm some people's nerves here. Hope this helps!
    alsenergetic-brown-houndstooth-owlolegos99hhfpphoneiolaireVoIPFanRPsfatulaConic_EllipseSoteria1

• Dman10:
    I opened a ticket on the 9th, and received a response yesterday-

Hi Dlf1957,Here are instructions on how to return your loaner devicehttps://social.ringplus.net/discussion/2900/faq-how-to-return-your-loaner-phone
    I got the same reply to my ticket a few days ago.

AhhOhWow:
    Hi everyone. I have good news. Relax and don't worry. I physically went to the RingPlus office yesterday and returned several loaner phones in person.

It's a shame that I live too far to return the phones in person like you did.  It does give us hope, though...

alsVoIPFanRPSoteria1

• cheapchem:
    It's a shame that I live too far to return the phones in person like you did.  It does give us hope, though...

You should have no problem mailing in your loaner phones as long as you're within the guidelines of the program and follow the instructions. Provide as much identifying information as possible such as your original order number, your official name and current address, so they can match your package to your account and know where to mail the check to. There are only the occasional problems with returns due to USPS issues or broken phones or missing ID information, but most returns are handled just fine. We only read about the occasional issues because people write in when there's a problem, but don't when things are going fine. I just wanted to let people know about my smooth experience returning my loaner phones and relay what I had learned conversing with the RingPlus employee.

alshhfpphoneVoIPFanRPSoteria1
  • gamescangamescan All Star 55
    Ringplus has to honor the returns as the $$$ held for loaner devices was a security deposit. It was not a purchase, so the funds would need to be held separately. They wouldn't be used for operating expenses or any sort of bills.
  • AhhOhWow:
    Hi everyone. I have good news. Relax and don't worry. I physically went to the RingPlus office yesterday and returned several loaner phones in person. It was a smooth process. The pretty female employee that assisted me was very professional and helpful. She said RingPlus is honoring the return of loaner phones, and always has been. Just follow the instructions two posts above, mail to the Beverly Hills address, be sure to include the charger, sim card, and original box it came in. Also include your original order/invoice number so they can identify and match you and your package. Also please be reasonable, some people tried to return phones that were completely trashed with cracked screens and missing pieces. The rules state your phone should be in good condition. Do a factory wipe of your phones, and for iPhones, remove any links to your iTunes/find my iPhone account. They have been swamped with the transition process so that's why they don't have time to monitor forum questions, but they are processing loaner phone returns. I just wanted to chime in with my real in-person experience and help calm some people's nerves here. Hope this helps!

Did you receive a refund on the spot? Was it a paper check or a credit card refund?
    VoIPFanRP
  • bfrabelbfrabel Novice 0
    I don't know if it matters or not, but there is a good chance that you could keep your loaner phone and use it with another company.  

I have a loner HTC 510.  I ported out its ringplus number to a different phone with Mintsim.  I then activated the loaner phone with Freedom Pop.  Freedom Pop had no issues with the loaner phone and all appears to be working.

My guess is that phone is mine now.  I guess we'll see how it all ends up working out.

VoIPFanRPSoteria1
  • AZstarsAZstars Pro 7
    edited February 19

AhhOhWow:

I physically went to the RingPlus office yesterday

I thought they have a virtual office only.

• Bling_Plus:
    Did you receive a refund on the spot? Was it a paper check or a credit card refund?

No, the lady that helped me said they would mail my check the following day. If I showed up earlier I could have had the check handed to me, but I showed up to the office around 5pm, and the guy who processes checks had left for the day. I had actually returned another loaner phone half a year ago and RingPlus did an instantaneous credit back to my credit card then, because I only had that previous loaner phone for 4 weeks. I'm guessing it depends on how long you've had your loaner phone. If it's within 30 days, they do an instantaneous credit back to your credit card, if it's been longer, they mail you a check. The loaner phones I just returned were from half a year ago, so they mail me a check. So I've returned loaner phones twice, half a year ago, and a few days ago. I've returned phones I've had for 4 weeks, and phones I've had for half a year. Both times no problem.
    bfrabel:
    I don't know if it matters or not, but there is a good chance that you could keep your loaner phone and use it with another company.  

I have a loner HTC 510.  I ported out its ringplus number to a different phone with Mintsim.  I then activated the loaner phone with Freedom Pop.  Freedom Pop had no issues with the loaner phone and all appears to be working.

My guess is that phone is mine now.  I guess we'll see how it all ends up working out.

Yes you can keep your loaner phone, as you've already paid for it with your deposit, it's yours. Keeping it is a good option for people who like their phones and don't want to go through the hassles of a return and changing phones. Only reason I returned mine was I had gotten a loaner flagship Galaxy S6 to try, but I actually prefer the Google Huawei Nexus 6P more, so I returned the S6. Btw Samsung Galaxy flagship phones are not worth the high price. You get the same performance from Google Huawei Nexus 6P, Moto X Pure, Huawei Honor 8, ZTE Axon 7, OnePlus 3, for hundreds of dollars less. These other flagship phones are much better value for your money. 
    AZstars:
    I thought they have a virtual office only.

Nope, they're in a real office. I do not suffer from hallucinations so I'm pretty sure I didn't dream up my office visit. :) They have real human employees, but do keep staff numbers to a minimum. They share the second floor of an office building in Beverly Hills with other businesses.
    hhfpphonealsVoIPFanRPSoteria1
  • erik123erik123 Novice 0
    It took some time but I received a check refund for the full $700 deposit on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in the mail today.
    alshhfpphoneVoIPFanRPConic_EllipseSoteria1
  • alsals Pro 11
    @erik123 ;
    Great news,
    Thanks for keeping us up to date!
    VoIPFanRPSoteria1