No incoming calls, my friends who call me just hear a busy signal, but my R+ phone never rings

Throughout the morning and afternoon today, I have not been able to receive incoming calls. Different friends call me, but my phone never rings. My friends just hear a busy signal. My friends have called from both land lines and cell phones, and they all get the busy signal. They have called a total of 25 times to test. They have called from different carriers including AT&T, H2O, and Cricket. I am in Los Angeles. I can call out, but incoming calls are just non-existent, no rings at all. This is a RingPlus-specific problem because my other phone on standard Sprint receives phone calls just fine. I have read others mention this problem before in Discourse, Howard Forums, and Slickdeals, so I hope R+ finds a permanent fix for this problem. Thank you!

Comments

• Just to add, I had already submitted a ticket so R+ is aware of the problem. However, the RingPlus system status page says all systems are fine, but obviously it isn't if incoming calls from multiple people on different carriers are not going through. I like R+ and hope it's successful, but please improve the call reliability.   
  • edited March 2016
    All those services you mention are AT&T. You are able to call those same persons with your R+ device?

• AhhOhWowAhhOhWow Pro 15
    edited March 2016
    Yes I can make outgoing calls to them, but when they call me, both from their landlines as well as from their cell phones, they just get a busy signal. My R+ phone never rings. I had read other people mention this same issue over the past several months on Discourse, Howard Forums, and Slickdeals. It seems to be random and happens periodically with no rhyme or reason. 
  • hhfpphonehhfpphone Ethical Committee 221
    As Spidy asked, is this happening only to AT&T based callers?
  • Yes my friends who had been calling me today are on At&t, Cricket, and H2O. They also called from their landline, which was also AT&T, and got the same busy signal, my R+ phone never rang. But I could call out.
  • I can now receive incoming calls just fine. Just made several test calls. So all is good. Being a knowledge seeker, I would still like to know what the system issue was earlier today with incoming calls not coming through. 
  • titetaniumtitetanium Moderator 77
    AT&T was being uncooperative, that's it. (not a real answer).
  • digtigerdigtiger Novice 0
    Just signed up R+ today using a sprint compatible phone. my AT&T iphone is having the same issue when calling R+ number. I can call google voice to R+ without problem. Hopefully after a few hours, it will be all fine. I am in Dayton, Ohio.
  • Been having same intermittent problem this afternoon.  Being member+ I just opened a support ticket and got a quick we're going to check on this reply. 
  • digtiger:
    Just signed up R+ today using a sprint compatible phone. my AT&T iphone is having the same issue when calling R+ number. I can call google voice to R+ without problem. Hopefully after a few hours, it will be all fine. I am in Dayton, Ohio.

I'm also in the Dayton area and I have 4 Cricket lines (ATT MVNO) and none of them can call out (Voice) to any of my 5 Ring+ phones, I just get a busy signal. Texting, home phone to Ringplus and Ringplus calls to Cricket all work fine. Also calls to ATT work fine. What is going on?
  • MCHayashiMCHayashi All Star 59
    yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup... same here... its not just cricket. its any carrier. i cant get calls sporadically.. thats R+ for you man. comes with the territory...
  • MCHayashi:
    yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup... same here... its not just cricket. its any carrier. i cant get calls sporadically.. thats R+ for you man. comes with the territory...

I only have consistant problems with outgoing (Voice) calls from Cricket to R+, they NEVER work. Yes I have had some problem's from time to time with Ring+ but they have been few. But then again I/we don't use (Ring+) all that much.
    Psylownah
    stellar-salmon-houndstooth-wookie-82183:
    I only have consistant problems with outgoing (Voice) calls from Cricket to R+, they NEVER work. Yes I have had some problem's from time to time with Ring+ but they have been few. But then again I/we don't use (Ring+) all that much.

totally man. i agree. its my backup... now all these families doing their EXODUS into R+ and porting over ALL numbers... hm.. not sure about that man..
  • Same cricket to ring+ problems here in 937
  • titetaniumtitetanium Moderator 77
    Hmm, seems like a lot of these AT&T based calls are not getting through to Ring+ phones. Something on the Ring+ side must be blocking the incoming calls.
  • MCHayashi:
    totally man. i agree. its my backup

My only cell phone, and, not worried about it quite honestly. Everyone uses their phone for different primary reasons. 
  • So odd! My family uses AT&T service up in MO. I live in MS. I can not call a single AT&T customer up there since we've switched to ringplus. They can call us just fine though. So many little oddities! I'm still hanging on to my service ticket; giving ringplus the chance to work this out before we pull the plug and revert to previous service. 
    The AT&T issue, for some, was traced to AT&T blocking the call.

One user was not able to call from the home landline and the answer was that AT&T was blocking calls from his landline.  How weird is that?
    hhfpphone:
    One user was not able to call from the home landline and the answer was that AT&T was blocking calls from his landline.  How weird is that?

yes. weird, but not very helpful if you want to keep R+...
    MCHayashi:
    yes. weird, but not very helpful if you want to keep R+...
    Yes, you should be more helpful and go fix the problem. :)
  • sfatulasfatula MVP 37
    hhfpphone:
    Yes, you should be more helpful and go fix the problem.

I am actually trying to!
    The thing is that RP CTO is engaged to trying to fix it.  And other other case seems to indicate AT&T is at fault also.  Not sure anyone of us can do anything when it's all the way up the food chain.  This AT&T issue has been at least 3 or 4 months already, right?

Since this incoming and OP stated it's all from AT&T and its MNVO, really need to see if this is happening on all callers or just AT&T...  In any case, might be worth a shot to have caller GV then have the calls forwarded to the RP #.

I think the workaround suggested on another post for outgoing call was to use Google Voice app so that outgoing calls go through RP for the RP radio then routes through Google Voice to the AT&T user.
  • sfatulasfatula MVP 37
    edited May 2016
    I AM the other case, and I have an open ticket on it. I am the guy with the landline. And my local phone company has a ticket on it too. So, that's why I say I am trying to fix it, by also going through a different channel, local phone company.
    Does the GV workaround work for you, in the interim?
  • sfatulasfatula MVP 37
    Not sure what the GV workaround would be for me. My issue is a twist on this issue. Mine is merely that my RP number cannot be dialed from local phone company landlines, but, my RP number was ported from AT&T MVNO. My wifes RP number can be dialed just fine from the same landlines, but here's was not ported from AT&T.