Sprint Coverage

Sprint coverage in my area is pretty good accept for in my house.  However, Sprint had provided an antenna booster I use in my house a few years back and it makes my RingPlus phones and my extended family's Sprint phones work GREAT!

Comments

• I tested here (new Moto E 4G LTE phone) and get 5 bars 3G outdoors, 1-3 indoors, and no 4G signal in or out. 
    Sprint has two towers south of town and we are a mile west of downtown.

Online speed test (in a room closest to the two Sprint towers which gets 1 bar, while the north room gets 2-3) shows 850 Kbps down 150 KBps up (repeated several times). 

A Freedompop phone also gets no 4G signal.   A friend bought it all set up by Freedompop so presumably has LTE working properly.   I tested  with it because I wondered if I had not properly activated my LTE.  Had hoped to get the recent 6GB plan with cheap tethering but at that speed why bother.

Sprint's own coverage map shows solid yellow 'best' reception for most of our town (Ann Arbor, with a large university).   Slightly hilly in spots.

A map compiled from user data shows 3-4 bars downtown and in the surrounding shopping strips, and 2-3 bars along the major car routes, but 0-1 bars 4G in most residential areas.   
  • scylla1008scylla1008 Pro 4
    edited August 2016
    keesan:
    I tested here (new Moto E 4G LTE phone) and get 5 bars 3G outdoors, 1-3 indoors, and no 4G signal in or out. 
    Sprint has two towers south of town and we are a mile west of downtown.

Online speed test (in a room closest to the two Sprint towers which gets 1 bar, while the north room gets 2-3) shows 850 Kbps down 150 KBps up (repeated several times). 

A Freedompop phone also gets no 4G signal.   A friend bought it all set up by Freedompop so presumably has LTE working properly.   I tested  with it because I wondered if I had not properly activated my LTE.  Had hoped to get the recent 6GB plan with cheap tethering but at that speed why bother.

Sprint's own coverage map shows solid yellow 'best' reception for most of our town (Ann Arbor, with a large university).   Slightly hilly in spots.

A map compiled from user data shows 3-4 bars downtown and in the surrounding shopping strips, and 2-3 bars along the major car routes, but 0-1 bars 4G in most residential areas.   

i am in ann arbor, i get 6-7 mb/s download and 3-5mb/s upload(3-4 bar) if i have very bad coverage i can still get 500kbs down 50 kbs up.(1-2 bar)

every day every hour, inside a building i have to turn on and off airplane mode to reconnect to sprint tower to use my cellphone service, but since it's zero dollar every month, i can't complain too much

• I'm in south west area Missouri and there is no point turning on LTE. I immediately drop 3 bars and typically loose connection from that. 3G is plenty fast and much more reliable. I never have to toggle airplane mode.