Freedom Pop Carrier ?

does FP use sprint like R+ and twigby, tello ect do ?  Cant seem to find that answer

Comments

• I have 3 boost mobile phones one is a zte speed and it does not have a sim card slot
    the others are Huawai Unions that do have Sim Card Slots

I tried the ting check and both the zte and one of the Unions passed the checker

I tried the FreedomPop Checker and it says there was a problem please call them

From what I was reading FreedomPop wants your phone to be not active but if I deactivate from RingPlus
    will the fact that it is a prefed phone and never active on Boost Mobile mean that
    My phone will get locked out of anyplace but Boost Mobile?

Also I know freedompop isn't great but it is free and I don't know of any other free provider

I can't afford to register them all for $40 a month .. actually i really don't have the money for anything but a free plan

I would like my phones to not be trash because they did cost me a bit on top of whatever I paid RingPlus

I have a Freedompop phone that I don't really use now but it is active.
    They don't have a limit on the number of phones you can activate per your address do they?

Thanks for any advice.. not really sure what to do

• ChelleChelle Moderator 121
    If your phones are on R+ then you shouldn't run into any FED problems with any other MVNOs unless you activate with BOOST-- which seems to reawaken the FED requirement.

You should put each phone on a separate Freedompop account for the maximum benefit when it comes to sharing data.

You can have as many phones as you want but Freedompop only lets you have five per credit card.

• Freedompop does charge a byod fee of $19.99
    akaLTD
  • ChelleChelle Moderator 121
    There's a link in Slick Deals for free byod activation and someone commented, today, that it still worked.
    Conic_Ellipse
  • That's good then :). Get it while it lasts
  • Chelle:
    There's a link in Slick Deals for free byod activation and someone commented, today, that it still worked.

https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo5

Chelle:
    You can have as many phones as you want but Freedompop only lets you have five per credit card.

There's a service called Privacy that lets you link your bank account and create virtual Visa cards to avoid that limitation.
    akaLTDHowdy!conservative-emerald-glossy-mousepad-428068Chelle
  • bpsbps MVP 20
    Will the boost \ VM tribute HD work with fp?

• Over on SD (I know.. I know)... 

FreedomPop promo for if we want to use our phones on the sprint network.  They are offering free BYOD and 2GB promo.  I usually downgrade everything right when I activate anything on FP.  Then add freedom friends.  This is different from the ATT LTE FP sim or GLobal Sim.

Just follow all the normal procedures to downgrade.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9738252-freedompop-free-byod-for-ringplus-refugees?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

• Anyone tried this till now?
    Unlimited talk and text with 2Gb data
  • Can you tell if the 2GB is a promo or fixed?  The way its worded (same font size as 100% Free Each Month) it should be free forever but I doubt it:

Unlimited Talk, Text, & 2GB Data
    100% Free Each Month!

I'd expect its 1 GB with a 1 GB free trial the first month...
  • Classical_MusicClassical_Music All Star 49
    edited February 4
    Yeah... the free plan is 200 500 500MB.  It'll all go away once you downgrade (maybe not the 1GB free trial for first month only).  They will start charging you the second month.  FP has it's issues with their promo wording as did RP+. LOL!  They make money when we make mistakes! :smiley: 

• Freedompop is sneaky that way. Funny they dont mention that its for first month only. I would be extra careful before sign up. 
    Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
  • jlummeljlummel Pro 14
    edited February 4
    Don't forget that FreedomPop is VoIP over LTE, so if you don't have STRONG LTE coverage then it's only good for texting and data (somewhat that is, as I found even texting to be only marginally reliable, maybe 'quirky' would be a better description).

They CAN use the Sprint HD voice service for outgoing voice calls IF you pay extra for the service, but incoming is VoIP only and it does NOT work well (and in some cases at all) if you go into a 3G area. It's really bad when you transition from a LTE to a 3G area, if the call doesn't just drop out entirely it becomes really, really bad (think analog service from 20 years ago)!

If you are on STRONG LTE and stay in a STRONG LTE area, it works great OK, BTW. But if your area has lots of pockets of 3G, then prepared to get hosed on a daily basis...

Extraterrestrial_ZoologistDavid_S
  • jlummel:
    Don't forget that FreedomPop is VoIP over LTE, so if you don't have STRONG LTE coverage then it's only good for texting and data (somewhat).

They CAN use Sprint for outgoing voice calls IF you pay extra for the service, but incoming is VoIP only and it does NOT work well (and in some cases at all) if you go into a 3G area. It's really bad when you transition from a LTE to a 3G area, if the call doesn't just drop out entirely it becomes really, really bad (think analog service from 20 years ago)!

If you are on STRONG LTE and stay in a STRONG LTE area, it works great, BTW. But if your area has pockets of 3G, then your going to be hosed...

I wouldn't say it's great, it's servicible at best only if you have strong LTE. I have Kyocera phone for years and they never seems to satisfy.  
    The only reason I am considering to add couple is my wife is already nagging me about two phones that are going to be bricks  after 2/11 so I might have to swap it with two dummy Moto E and signup to add them as backup phones.  
  • Freedompop has LTE data for free, minimum of 400mb if you topup $5 into your account and turn off auto topup.  A real nice way to supplement a Tracfone.
  • Can I port in or no?
  • If you do decide to go to FP, please add your email to the list and send requests to others on the list so everyone can get some extra data!

https://slickdeals.net/f/5276432-freedompop-friends?p=69383450
    sleek-magenta-wavy-nerf-gun-465131yattermanExtraterrestrial_Zoologistiolaire
  • agxagx Novice 0
    awesome-tangello-wavy-turkey-14338:
    Can I port in or no?

no, not work for R+

• funny it did not ask for ICCID when I signed up.....don't have the phone on hand so not sure LTE will work or not. 
  • and is premium voice sprint directly routed?
  • akula1488:
    and is premium voice sprint directly routed?

Yes but only if it determines that voip us not good enough quality OR you trick it (which is not hard).
  • comintelcomintel Pro 8
    edited February 4
    (deleted)
    yattermanakaLTD
  • kc1988kc1988 Novice 0
    comintel:
    And yes the 1 GB DOES stay permanently in THIS offer.  (I have an even higher limit from a previous offer)..

I signed up using this offer and immediately downgraded their premium services. I'm left with 500MB not 1GB. 

Anyway, I activated an iPhone 4S, turned off/on, no service, did carrier reset, still no service. Been about 2 hours. Any tips?
  • ghoul31ghoul31 Novice 0
    can you use the same sim card?