Ting

1235»

Comments

• What third party independently verifiable information do we have that RingPlus is really going out of business and we must migrate or lose service? All we have are emails from RingPlus and Ting telling us the RingPlus's prior business model was not profitable and to please migrate (and pay more with Ting, sorry). I ask because RingPlus's main page currently looks alive and well -- no sign of shutting down. 

If RingPlus is staying around and restructuring, then doing nothing makes them (and possibly Sprint) liable to honor the existing terms and contracts. 

If there is independent third party legal proof/filings of RingPlus shutting down (stating Sprint is not inheritor too), then please share, and I apologize for asking a dumb question! Blog posts don't count. 
    samkqboro
  • Unable to migrate to Ting from RingPlus. I am getting the error message "We found your number. It will soon be ready to migrate to Ting, but we're still crunching some of the data needed to move you over. Please try again in a few hours." I don't have few hours since the deadline of 24 hour is expiring soon and I DON"T WANT TO LOSE MY NUMBERS.
    These are two phone numbers I recently changed on RingPlus by paying $2.99 as they were getting lot of spam.
    It doesn't even recognize the new number but only the old number.
    The number I didn't change "migrated" without a hitch.
  • So I had not checked my email in a few days. Today I saw that Ting sent emails to me twice. The last one was two days ago saying I had 24 hr to authenticate the number if I want to move to keep my number. I did it anyway just now, however; during the process I tried to put in an email address that I used on R+ as suggested. But the system said that email is already in used so I put in another email address. My question is if you guys see $35 credit yet? I don't see anything on my account. 
  • What a bunch of liers.
    Q: How will the credit you're offering work on Ting?
    A: Your account will be moved over to Ting and you'll receive the greater of $35 or the value of whatever RingPlus top-ups remained on your account when they closed up shop. $35 will be immediately credited to your new Ting account. The remainder of your balance, if applicable, will be applied as $5 credits at a rate of one per month, starting once the initial $35 credit has been exhausted.
  • This is what burned it for me: "No. The $35 credit is being offered on a per-account basis. It is not being offered based on the number of phone numbers on an account.".  I had FOUR lines. Now I just get a lousy $35 credit. Thanks. Much. NO
    Paul_Sth
  • bkoopmanbkoopman MVP 18
    edited March 2017
    Just found out that if you had your phone # ported to Ting-from RingPlus, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for Refer-A-Friend credits at all. I referred my sister, received $50 credit for 1st time referral, then it was adjusted-so no credit. SMH. 
  • bkoopman:
    Just found out that if you had your phone # ported to Ting-from RingPlus, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for Refer-A-Friend credits at all. I referred my sister, received $50 credit for 1st time referral, then it was adjusted-so no credit.

You might want to wait a few months and try it again (most likely for a different friend?).  I believe that Ting is now requiring a 3-month wait for Refer-A-Friend credits, probably because of the mass influx from RingPlus.  Hopefully you'll be able to refer folks in a while -- good luck!